Do you need ride sharing auto Insurance?  If you are driving for Uber, Lyft or Sidecar the State of California is requiring you to carry commercial license plates.  Your personal auto policy already excludes any driving “for hire” so you may need to purchase a commercial auto policy.

As of December 1st, 2015 Mercury Insurance has an other option.  You can endorse your personal auto policy withy a (TNC) Endorsement.  This Transportation Network Company (TNC) endorsement is designed to cover you while you are waiting to pick up a customer, but have not been dispatched.  Ride-sharing insurance is hard to get, but the industry is working with department of insurance to protect the estimated 100,000 California drivers that work for ride-sharing services.


Contact us today to obtain a quote. We will approach a variety of carriers to give you as many insurance options as we can.  Our office phone is 310-477-2666 or you can email us your questions at


This article from Technology Now shows how serious the situation is.


Please contact us today so we can walk you through the quote process.  Our independent agents will work hard to provide you with a commercial auto insurance quote so you can get back to driving with Uber, Lyft, sidecar or any other driving service.


Linn T. Hodge & Sons



Uber insurance in California, Side car insurance in California, Lyft insurance in California, ride-sharing insurance in California, ride sharing insurance in California. Transportation network company insurance in California.